Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme Apply Online 2022 | Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme Application Form | Kashi Yatra Subsidy Scheme Registration, Eligibility & Benefits | This Kashi Yatra Scheme was introduced by the government of Karnataka for the financial benefit of Karnataka residents who wish to visit a Varanasi temple. Respecting all religions in India is a point of honor and national pride for India. Therefore, the government strives to introduce new programs for people of various religions or beliefs and to provide financial assistance to pilgrims. Likewise, the government helps the Muslim community in their travels to Mecca for Hajj. Similarly, there are other schemes for Hindus as well, and one of the schemes which we are going to discuss today in this article is the Kashi Yatra Scheme.
This pilgrimage is known as the Kashi Yatra. The chief minister had announced this scheme for this yatra in the 2022 budget to provide Rs. 5000 subsidies for pilgrims. This article discusses the Kashi Yatra Scheme in Karnataka, including its benefits, objectives, eligibility, required documents, registration process, and travel information.
Kashi Yatra Scheme Karnataka 2022
Every year, pilgrims visit the Varanasi temple of Kashi Vishwanath. Karnataka residents visit the Varanasi temple as well, but many of them find it difficult to visit the temple due to economic conditions.
If we analyze the distance between Karnataka and Varanasi, it is approximately 1700 km, which is a very long journey. People from Karnataka who embark on the lengthy Kashi Yatra encounter numerous financial challenges, much like poor people.
Therefore, the government came up with the idea of providing 30,000 pilgrims with a subsidy of Rs. 5,000 each. This project, which costs seven crores, is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for yatris. The State Government of Karnataka has ordered the Kashi Yatra tour only for interested pilgrims.
This yatra was announced in the 2022-23 budget, and the government proposed a subsidy plan for the Kashi Yatra Scheme.
Visitors to the temple must show proof of their visit by submitting the required paperwork to the relevant department along with their tickets, travel photos, and receipts that were used there.
Karnataka CM Self Employment Scheme
Kashi Yatra Scheme Official Website Launched
The Kashi Yatra scheme was only recently proposed by the government in the 2022–23 budget, and it was quickly authorized by the Karnataka government in late June. Shortly after June, the scheme’s website portal has been launched to allow pilgrims to apply for the subsidy.
So basically, there are two official websites where beneficiaries can apply for the Kashi Yatra Scheme subsidy.
- Official Website Name: Hindu Religious Institutions And Charitable Endowments Department “itms.kar.nic.in”
- Official website Name: Seva Sindhu “evasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in”
This government scheme offers a financial subsidy of Rs 5000 to around 30,000 pilgrims who are traveling from Karnataka to Kashi Vishwanath temple in U.P. Varanasi.
Any pilgrim will only be able to benefit from this financial help once in a lifetime, and He/ she should fill out the eligibility in order to apply for the scheme, which is given in the section of eligibility criteria below.
Pilgrims must take careful notes. All individuals who visited the Kashi Vishwanath temple between April 1st and June 30th must provide confirmation of their visit.
Karnataka’s First Bharat Gaurav Train is to be Ready from September to October 2022
The Bharat Gaurav train will run from Bengaluru to Varanasi, UP, and this train will stop at two places in Ayodhya and Prayagraj. The government has authorized Rs 500 crore for the Bharat Gaurav train. This train travels 4100 km in 7 days and comprises 14 coaches and 11 AC 3-tier coaches. In addition, a portion of the train will be completely transformed into a temple, so bhajans will be sung for pilgrims traveling from Karnataka to Varanasi as part of the Kashi Yatra.
It has been officially announced that the total fare for yatris traveling by train has been set at rupees 15,000, of which rupees 5,000 will be a subsidy given to individuals in accordance with the Karnataka Government’s scheme.
Karnataka Ration Card List
Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme 2022 Overview
|The title of the Plan/ Scheme||Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme|
|launched by||Karnataka government|
|Objective/ Aim||To offer financial support to pilgrims|
|Beneficiaries||People of Karnataka|
|The Official Internet Site||Available Soon|
Kashi Yatra Scheme Karnataka 2022 Objectives
The people of Karnataka, especially the people with low income, face various financial problems, and they cannot afford to go on the pilgrimage to Kashi Yatra.
If we calculate the distance from Karnataka to Varanasi, we find that it is approximately 1700 kilometers, which is a long-distance journey.
Therefore, with these difficulties in mind, the state government of Karnataka has initiated a program that will provide the yatris with financial assistance so that they can complete the Kashi Yatra from Karnataka to Varanasi.
Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme Benefits and Key Points
- The Kashi Yatra scheme provides financial assistance of Rs. 5000 per pilgrim.
- This scheme not only financially helps people but also encourages yatris even though it’s a long distance.
- Under the account heading known as “Assistance to Manasa Sarovara Pilgrims,” Rs 7 crores have been approved to go toward funding the scheme.
- Pilgrims who go to the Kashi Yatra scheme in Karnataka between April and June can also benefit from this scheme. Pilgrims just have to provide proof of their visit to the temple and then the concerned department will notify them accordingly.
- This can only be used once in a lifetime for a pilgrim.
- The railway department, which will be concerned with taking pilgrim passengers, will have a proper arrangement for food and other basic requirements for traveling.
Arogya Sanjeevini Scheme Karnataka
Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must follow this eligibility criterion to get the benefits of the scheme.
- A Karnataka resident may get the benefit only
- Voter ID, Aadhaar, or ration card
- Candidates must be 18 or older.
- Previous subsidy recipients aren’t eligible.
- Proof of domicile of origin in Karnataka, such as a voter ID, Aadhaar card, or ration card.
- Age proof: Aadhaar card, voter ID, etc.
- Passport size Photograph.
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account Details
- Covid Vaccine Certificate and also Latest Covid Negative Report
Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme Registration Process
- In order to avail of the benefit, follow the below steps carefully in order to register yourself for the scheme.
- Open the official website of the Kashi Yatra scheme. Karnataka’s address is “https://itms.kar.nic.in/”.
- On the home page, on the right side, there is a link named “Kasi visit government subsidy” Click on it.
- A page will be opened in front of you where you can click on the “Don’t have an account?” Register Here. “
- A new window will be opened in front of you.
- You can link your Digilocker account with the Seva Sindhu Karnataka application.
- Here you are asked to fill in your Aadhar number to continue with Digilocker.
- You have to give your Aadhaar number and click on the Next button.
- Once the dig locker account is linked with the Seva Sindhu account, your identification process will be completed and you will be registered successfully.
- After registration, you can click on the same Kashi government subsidy and log in with your new username and password that you have created.
- After successfully logging in you have to fill the form 2 and complete the necessary steps in order to register yourself completely in this scheme.
Registration and Apply on the Website Seva Sindhu Directly
- You have to first open the website, which is “sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in”
- You will be seeing it on the page a form. You have to check the “Apply for Service”
- Click on “New user?” Register Here “option.
- You’ll notice the opening of a new window.
- Your Digilocker account can be connected to the Seva Sindhu Karnataka application.
- In order to continue using Digilocker, you must enter your Aadhar number here.
- You must enter your Aadhaar number before selecting the next option.
- Your registration will be completed.
- Your password for the OTP, which you will receive via email or mobile number, must be entered here along with your email address or mobile number.
- After that, you must press the “Submit” button in order to apply for the Scheme here.
Check Your Application Status through Seva Sindhu
- You have to first open the website, which is “sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in”
- Here you can check the application status section
- You have to first select the department
- Then you have to select the service
- Then you have to enter the application ID which you received when you submitted the application.
- After successfully entering the information in the boxes click on “Check Status Now”